This Page

has been moved to new address

What's Your Favorite Rainy Day Movie?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Friday, June 12, 2009

What's Your Favorite Rainy Day Movie?

Mine is the BIG CHILL.

I can't really describe what this movie does to me. Maybe it's the nostalgia & the way my parents used to watch it over & over again, my father reciting lines from it until this day. Maybe it's the combination of the soundtrack & the way the actors trick us into believing that they have known each other for life. Maybe it's just me, but not much out there compares. This is one genuinely GREAT movie.

Below I posted what I consider to be an outstanding work of movie art & arguably the best opening segment to a film. Totally unforgettable...

So, hopefully the rain has gone away (at least for now) and I bid you a happy weekend! Look forward to my 3 month blogoversary, next week, June 16th...currently brainstorming ideas for a cool giveaway!!

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger leticia@galsintheknow.blogspot.com/ said...

breakfast at tiffanys and dangerous beauty...
btw, did you comment on latest giveaway, what do u want if you win?
tomorrow is last day!!

June 12, 2009 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Aartee said...

I love How to lose a guy in 10 days :) btw I'm passing those awards over to you...thanks for being such a great blog buddy!

June 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the lovely ladies above me..those are some of mine too! As well as The Wedding Planner and 13 going on 30..im def a chick flick on a rainy day kinda girl!

June 12, 2009 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Ella Gregory said...

I watched Milk the other night, it's not really a rainy day movie but if you haven't seen it I'd rent it. Sean Penn was amazing.

June 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

Ohhh I love The Holiday or The Devil Wears Prada. Or PS I love You. Or Clueless. OR omg...TAKEN.

I heart movies on the couch, obviously. :)

June 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger steph said...

Oh i haven't seen that movie, that will be my must-rent for this gloomy weekend! My fave go-to movie is probably The Sound of Music, or even Best in Show.

Have a fabulous weekend!

June 12, 2009 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

The Cutting Edge, Center Stage or Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. Chick films at their best. I love the Big Chill too. Although I don't think I could find it in my heart to "loan" my husband to my best friend.

June 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Couture Carrie said...

I have to see this one again asap!

My fave is The Princess Bride...

xoxox,
CC

June 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Omg Kristen with the cutting edge. Has to be one of my alltime favorite movies.

I love rewatching old episodes of seasons of TV shows in a marathon. Currently Weeds.

June 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ohboy...I have SO many. About a Boy, Love Actually, Devil Wears Prada, Cinema Paradiso, Amelie
can't wait to see you tomorrow!

June 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

that is a great one!!!!!

mine is grease or marie antoinette:)

June 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

i have never seen it! you may have inspired me to watch it though.

i love "love actually" any day.

June 12, 2009 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Ah The Big Chill! I love it too. Kristen's picks were great!

June 13, 2009 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger leticia@galsintheknow.blogspot.com/ said...

hey you!
check this out!
http://galsintheknow.blogspot.com/2009/06/winners.html

June 13, 2009 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger Kellie Collis said...

Mine is Notting Hill!! Kellie xx

June 14, 2009 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was just thinking about this last night! ...and I have so many!!! I based it on the ones I'll watch over and over ...Wild Cats, Field of Dreams, Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman. LOL. I'm guessing they were all done around the same time too.

June 14, 2009 at 5:55 PM  
Blogger heisschic said...

i havent seen some of the (above) suggestions-- that has to change.

as of now, though: american president, roman holiday, and eternal sunshine of a spotless mind.

June 15, 2009 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger You Are My Fave said...

I can watch You've Got Mail every single day, rain or shine.

June 16, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home