This Page

has been moved to new address

What do People Compliment You On?? {Thanks Glamour Blog!}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What do People Compliment You On?? {Thanks Glamour Blog!}


via FFFFound!

Four Reflective Questions to Make You Feel Good Today:
1. What do people compliment you on?
2. What's your favorite feature?
3. What's the greatest compliment you've ever received?

4. What is your favorite feature (or trait) you inherited from your mom?


My Answers:
1. My smile, my hair (I smile a LOT, hair color).
2. My skin.
3. In college, I was mistaken by another student for a European princess. That made my year!
4. My eye color- green!

I saw this on "The Girls in the Beauty Dept" blog at Glamour.com & I wanted to pay it forward...
I think this is such a great exercise to do- how often do we actually stop to pay attention to our GOOD features?

Now, don't be shy my bloggerinas! I want to see your answers too!

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

wow, a princess? go you! :) most people are suprised that i'm a maths student, i get that a lot i suppose

June 2, 2009 at 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Silvia said...

Aww fun! My answers would be: 1) My smile and my skin 2) My smile 3) I got mistaken for a movie star when I was in Spain... could be because I told them I was from California, but I choose to think that it has to do with my ravishing movie star looks :) 4) I love the fact that I inherited my mom's petite-ness.

June 2, 2009 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Miss at la Playa said...

what a cute questionnaire! I think my best features are my eyes and my lips+teeth, people always compliment me about that, and also about my hair too, but I don't think it is so beautiful as they say! haha

June 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love it!! A little boy asked if I was a princess at a bagel shop a few weeks ago. I floated on air the rest of the day!

June 2, 2009 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger drollgirl said...

these are such good questions, and i love your answers!! and you are so right -- it is good to think of the positives. i usually dwell on all my icky parts and flaws and that is a huge downer!

June 2, 2009 at 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1)Well its a cross between my butt or my smile. Haha
2)My hair (and to think I used to hate my curly hair)
3)Greatest compliment, hmmm "Your body is so hot" because I think my body needs a lot of work but it was nice to hear it, especially from a guy.
4)My face, I literally look like I am a clone if my Mom just younger obviously.

June 2, 2009 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

You DO have amazing hair color! Pretty princess! :)

What a fun questionnaire, so uplifting! I love focusing on the positives!!

Liz

June 2, 2009 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

Ohhh and I just saw that you have Troy Jensen on your sidebar. LOVE HIM. :)

June 2, 2009 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger black vanilla rose said...

That's so awesome you look like a princess. Its funny thinking about the compliments you receive over the years... i wish we could store these up and get rid of the insults altogether xxx

June 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Love this tag, darling! I am definitely doing this one! Your answers are so sweet :)

xoxox,
CC

June 3, 2009 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

oh wow, we are definitely on a similar wavelength. yay for paying attention to loving ourselves!

June 3, 2009 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Peter Breese said...

A good smile is key - bravo! Nice to pause and reflect, thanks.

June 3, 2009 at 11:13 PM  
Blogger Joanna Goddard said...

yay, i loved this question, too! so good to focus on the positive things! :)

June 4, 2009 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Nicole Marie said...

you were mistaken for a princes?!! awesome!

June 4, 2009 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger steph said...

Oh this is great for my self-esteem! =)

Here are my answers:
1. My smile
2. My freckles
3. Whenever someone just says "You're beautiful" - I'm always like, "really?????"
4. My freckles & smile, haha. Although my face is starting to round out like hers, and although I used to hate it, I'm starting to see that it's great for anti-aging! =)

Have a great weekend!!

June 5, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home