This Page

has been moved to new address

Where are we eating?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, February 8, 2010

Where are we eating?


One of my greatest pleasures is food. I love to cook and I especially love to explore new restaurants in different cities. From thin crust pizza and warm olives at Delfina in San Francisco, to a heaping plate of pasta bolognese, smothered in fresh parmigiano reggiano at Gradisca, NYC {seen above}, my love knows no boundaries. I won't call myself a "foodie." I think it sounds a little pretentious, but "lover-of-delicious-food-in-fabulous-restaurants-especially-ones-with-exposed-brick-walls" suits me well. Many conversations revolve around food and restaurants, so I thought, why not open it up to the bloggers for discussion?

Pizza at Gjelina, Los Angeles

Here's a little poll for you on this Monday morning:
Where do you love to eat? What restaurants have you tried and loved?
What dish {appetizer, main or dessert} makes your stomach growl?

Pasta at Convivo, NYC

Check back later today to see the comments section for suggestions!

last two photos via Food & Wine 

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I always blog about food - can't helpit, just love it! My favorite food is probably macaroni and cheese - the real stuff made with the most delicious, heart stopping cheeses! Right now, my favorite restaurant is Oceanaire in Boston... it's a steak house for people who love fish! Restaurant week is coming up in March... it's my fashion week... can't wait!

February 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Livi said...

food = makes life lovely

February 8, 2010 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger dee said...

I just finished lunch but that last image made me really want pasta! I love the Italian food at Peasant on Elizabeth Street. SO good!!

February 8, 2010 at 3:04 PM  
Anonymous TonyaSe said...

Michael's Genuine in the Design District in Miami. Yummmm!

February 8, 2010 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

Oh yes, I love food, too... I call myself a "closet foodie/gourmand", but with definite humor attached, as I would agree that it sounds pretentious. The small city where I live has SO many restaurants... but my favorite thing is my BF's homemade Greek cooking. I could eat feta and olives and dolmathes the rest of my life!

February 8, 2010 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

OH I love to eat. Can it be a hobby?? : ) Going to try a new place tonight, will post it soon. : )

February 8, 2010 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger melanie lace said...

yum, yum, and more yum.

February 8, 2010 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger Polished Sense said...

Yummy! That pizza looks like I need to make it. Now!

Happy Monday :D

♡,
Jessica

February 8, 2010 at 10:00 PM  
Blogger Like a Cat said...

oh yes! i believe i am a "lover-of-delicious-food-in-fabulous-restaurants-especially-ones-with-exposed-brick-walls" as well.

there is a restaurant in st. augustine, fl, where i went to college, called bistro de leon. it is run by the most adorable couple from lyon, france. there, they have steak au poivre that is out of this world. SO delicious.

February 8, 2010 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger Teach.Workout.Love said...

omg that looks so good!

February 8, 2010 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

This post is making my morning cereal seem so humdrum!

I enjoy trying different restaurants and ordering something out of the ordinary. It's easy to choose an old favorite, but much for fun to branch out. That said, in Madison, Wis. at the Monroe Street Bistro, the frites and aioli is AMAZING.

February 9, 2010 at 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Casual Jacket said...

Lovely post! Food looks amazing!

February 9, 2010 at 7:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Gradisca in NYC! I go there a few times a week! Everyone should try it!

February 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

One of my FAVORITE Boston restaurants is Stella. It has such great cocktails & food, and the atmosphere is lovely. Def a place I always want to go for my bday dinners.

February 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

I'm super craving for a pizza right now!!!

February 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mmm..eating and Manhattan...two of my favorite topics.

February 10, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home