This Page

has been moved to new address

Liz & Kristin: Paint it GOLD!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Liz & Kristin: Paint it GOLD!


Hey, it's Liz from It's Unbeweavable! Honored to be joining my girl Kristin on The Beauty File. I wasn't a fan of gold until recently, but now I love it and am having fun incorporating it into my wardrobe. Kristin brought the reality, and I present you with-Gold Stuff I love but I better save my pennies. Some are casual, some dressy...all add that little something. Silver, today is not your day.

Jimmy Choo Tube Metallic Clutch via Net-a-porter
Wendy Brandes Victoria Buckle Ring (OMG. I die.)House of Harlow 1960 Six Strand Necklace via ShopbopAlaia Gold Python Pumps via theoutnet.com
Cleobella Luna Hobo via Shopbop
Italian Aviators via Refinery29shops.com
Bonjour lovelies! Kristin from BonBon Rose Girls here. How lucky am I to be guest posting on this beautiful blog? I am most addicted to The Beauty File and I'm not ashamed to admit it. What a killer way to kick off the new decade! It's a big, bright and shiny new year people! I don't know about you, but I am UBER psyched about it. It's time to leave any unpleasantness from the previous year in the dust and forge ahead to grab the fabulosity that 2010 is sure to offer us!

For me, said fabulosity is perfectly represented by the color gold. It's chic, yet fun. Cheerful, yet glamorous. It's the perfect color to inspire you to take the new year by the horns and make it yours! I'm going to leave it to my girl Liz to regale you with dreams of luxury accessories, while I give you a dose of reality! We all need both dreams AND reality in our lives right?

Glitter Flats at TOMS


Peep Toe Heels at Aldo

Chain Earrings at Anthropologie

Cuff Bracelet at Asos

Sequin Clutch at Lori's Shoes

Chain Handle Bag at Asos

Labels:

23 Comments:

Blogger The Eternal Intern said...

LOVING the gold! Just gorgeous! x Ophelia

January 20, 2010 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Ela said...

I was just thinking this morning as I lay in bed that it's only in the last few years that I've embraced gold. Before it was silver/white gold/platinum everything, now I love it.

Fabulous post, ladies!

And my BF...you changed your profile pic - where's my glowing lovely???
And I've yet to try fish tacos, I must, must, must. And pancakes with coconut syrup!!! What??? I love it. Enjoy the rest of your vacay, love!

January 20, 2010 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Gray Skies said...

Literally drooling right now...(okay, just figuratively - but I'm literally sighing with desire for those python pumps!)

January 20, 2010 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger freeteyme said...

Seriously, I need to win the lottery! Drooling over all of these pieces! Great job ladies!

January 20, 2010 at 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, ladies :) I haven't come around to gold quite yet, but can appreciate it on others.

Nice to see Kristin here! Those chain earrings are pretty darn cute :)

January 20, 2010 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Hi Kristin!


Love gold! Love sparkles!

January 20, 2010 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

I love gold accessories, I need a gold clutch so bad!

January 20, 2010 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger WendyB said...

What a surprise to see my ring! Thanks for including me!

January 20, 2010 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger iheartkiwi said...

i am dying to get my hands on some house of harlow... awesome stuff.

and i just so happen to own those sparkly gold toms! i love love love them... and it's for a good cause. great pick kristin!

January 20, 2010 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger drollgirl said...

yup, gold sometimes reminds me of bad/fake king tut shit. not good. but when done right, gold can be lovely.

my favorites are the clutches!

January 20, 2010 at 6:16 PM  
Anonymous bryna said...

great post. i love the house of harlow necklace.

January 20, 2010 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger ~ t a m m y ~ said...

I used to have a pair of the gold shoes in my twenties. Man I looked hot in those! I should of kept them.

Nice collection!

January 20, 2010 at 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Cafe Fashionista said...

I LOVE gold. And...I think that Cleobella Luna Hobo needs to be mine!! :)

January 20, 2010 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Love this post and all of you! The buckle ring is amazing! All of the pieces are great though XOXO

January 20, 2010 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

ooh i have those gold toms! it makes a white shirt look like i'm ready to go out!

gold in small pieces is amazing, and i agree- don't over do it!

January 20, 2010 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love metallics as neutrals. Gold is tough because it can easily look cheap - but as usual, Kristin found great wallet-friendly options that look far more expensive than they actually are.

January 20, 2010 at 11:35 PM  
Blogger Teach.Workout.Love said...

hi gold aldo shoes!!!

January 21, 2010 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Maia said...

LOVE those aviators!

January 21, 2010 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger little luxury list said...

As always, Liz and Kristin pick some goodies - oh the shoes are such great picks!

January 21, 2010 at 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take one of each. Thank you! xo Mitsy

January 21, 2010 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I used to think that gold looked awfully garish. But recently I'm drawn to the warmth of gold. I don't think silver is as flattering on many skin tones.

January 21, 2010 at 11:04 PM  
Blogger SpryOnTheWall said...

Loving the gold Toms!!!

January 22, 2010 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Gorgeous gilded picks ladies! Adore the Wendy Brandes ring and the sparkly Toms!

January 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home