This Page

has been moved to new address

Shopping with Miss Jenn

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Friday, January 22, 2010

Shopping with Miss Jenn

Hello gorgeous!

Ms. Jenn of {Bits of Beauty} filling in today. Now, if you know anything about me, you might be surprised by this: I'm not one for New Years resolutions. However, this year I'm going for it. One of my resolutions? I am cutting down on my shopping dramatically and am selling a whole huge pile of stuff. But, I will allow some splurges... {C'mon, I blog about beautiful things and fashion. I need a little wiggle room!}

First up, shoes. Actually, just booties and flats. I don't own very many flats or boots {2 pairs of each, to be exact.} I have sworn not to buy any shoes over $100 for at least 6 months. I've been lusting after these since they first graced my feet, but they were $148. They are so exquisite, comfortable, and well... just look at them!



Well, they are finally on sale. Yipee! Mine, mine, mine...


Next up, legwear. Leggings and tights of all kinds to wear with dresses and long tunics. I've always been hesitant about this; I've got a big ol' cuban booty and thighs to match. I tried the look last year on a trip to boston and have been incorporating legwear into my looks since. It changes an outfit completely!


Last, hats. Like legwear, this is an outfit changer. I've collected some hats over the years, but have been seeing some really great ones recently. I scored a fabulous cloche at Urban Outfitters for $9 the other day. This one above is more than $9, but definitely worth the money in my book.

So, any suggestions of where to get some quality flats, hats, or legwear? Do you have a favorite way of freshening up an outfit? Share!

Photo:
John Akehurst, Hat & Shoes {via} Anthropologie

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

I agree, flats are an absolute must. I have found great quality in Tory Burch's Reva flat (but they are spendy) or Sue London's ballet flats (simple and can be found in almost any color you desire. Am looking forward to checking out your blog. Great post!

January 22, 2010 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Brandi said...

LOVE that hat. I don't usually go for hats, but that one is so glamorous, I don't know if I could resist...And I can see why you're lusting after those flats. So lovely and flats are always so sensible. Even when they're expensive.

January 22, 2010 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Ta said...

I'm definitely a fan of the flats and legwear. My hair is entirely too thick to wear hats, unless they are unusually large, but that little red hat is cute!

January 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger MrJeffery said...

love the flats and the red hat!

January 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those flats are just divine! I really like Sam Edelman flats! http://www.zappos.com/sam-edelman-caper-pewter

January 22, 2010 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger TheBeautyFile said...

Obsessed with those flats Jenn!!!

January 22, 2010 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Love the flats...pretty picks here!

January 22, 2010 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

The flats would have even been worth the full price splurge! They're gorgeous!

January 22, 2010 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

Great picks. In all this rainy weather, I've been sporting a hat on a daily basis but nothing as beautiful as your choice.

January 22, 2010 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Love this guest post! Those flats are gorgeous! I am like you- I only own a few pairs, but when the few come along that are comfortable and cute they are hard to pass up! XOXO

January 23, 2010 at 12:30 AM  
Blogger Polished Sense said...

Love the red hat.

Have a Sunday Funday :D

♡,
Jessica

January 24, 2010 at 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that hat, anthropologie is absolutely amazing!!!!!

www.sheisobessed.blogspot.com

January 27, 2010 at 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home