This Page

has been moved to new address

Holiday Movie Report: Clooney's Worth the Trip!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Holiday Movie Report: Clooney's Worth the Trip!


Hello & hi! Reporting to you live from my local movie theater! The holidays are my favorite time to snuggle up and watch a movie, either at home or at the theaters. The best movies seem to come out around this time and there's a whole lot to choose from...


That being said, I just saw, "Up in the Air" and was thoroughly entertained. It not only solidified my love for one Mr. George Clooney, but it also played to so many different emotions. It's truly a film for everyone and anyone. It was simultaneously uplifting, thought-provoking, funny and a bit sad. The acting was flawless, the story was deep & relatable. I suggest seeing it and soon. A movie that can express so much within the confines of two hours is certainly worth my $10.


What movies have you seen this holiday season?

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Dream Sequins said...

I've been watching a LOT of movies. I also saw Up in the Air, which my husband loved more than I did-- he's a consultant, so the travel really resonated with him. I also saw It's Complicated and Avatar (in 3D).

December 30, 2009 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We saw Up in the Air too. I loved it for the same reasons you said..so touching and thought-provoking and evocative.

I'm dying to see Avatar but D will only see it in 3D and we haven't been in town the last few weekends to go to lincoln center..we rented the hangover and terminator salvation the other day. not exactly deeply moving films but pure, mindless entertainment..and sometimes that's all you need (and want)...

December 30, 2009 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

I saw The Blind Side, which was fantastic and definitely Sandra Bullock's best movie yet. I'd like to see Up In The Air sometime, glad you enjoyed it :)

December 30, 2009 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger aaaa said...

wow!! i should literally go check it out!! seems so cool!!

love.xoxo

December 30, 2009 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

December 30, 2009 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger MrJeffery said...

loved it too. george clooney was so great.

December 30, 2009 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Melanie's Randomness said...

I wanna go see this so badly. It got amazing reviews!! =)

I saw Nine. It was fantastic!! I recommend that if you liked Moulin Rouge or Chicago!

December 30, 2009 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Jessi said...

I was thinking about seeing this, so thanks for the heads up :)

I recently saw Nine and Avatar. Avatar fed my love of action/adventure movies, and Nine fed my love/passion/obsession of dance and feather boas and musicals! :)

December 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Ela said...

I can't wait to see Avatar!
Have a wonderful and happy New Year's, hon!
xoxo
p.s. I am working on the post and will send it in time, promise :)

December 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

i hardly ever make it to the movies! (we generally wait until it goes to dvd!)

i really want to see this though!!!

December 30, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I really want to see Up in the Air, but not everyone in my house is as big a Clooney fan as I am. So far we've seen Sherlock Holmes (okay) and Avatar (plot cheesy, technology awesome).

December 30, 2009 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I actually just saw "Up in the Air" as well (and blogged about it - great minds!) I thought it was great. Funny and touching and I always love me some George.

I'm hoping to see "Its Complicated" soon.

Also, just wanted to let you know I've left you an award on my blog: http://sognisorrisi.blogspot.com/2009/12/and-awards-go-to.html

December 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger English Muse said...

oh handsome george!!!

December 30, 2009 at 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh I really wanna see this. I have heard nothing but great things! I went and saw Holmes the other night and that was fun. This one looks so much better tho. Clooney is sooo handsome!!

Oh and I am baaackkk! It s great to see your lovely blog again! :)

December 30, 2009 at 3:37 PM  
Anonymous FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Do you know I went to pick out tile today and somehow the salesgirl and I started talking about this movie and how Clooney just keeps getting better looking. Really. Swoon.

December 30, 2009 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger frenchie said...

went to see Sherlock Holmes last night...though i love the actors and the film looks beautiful, i found it so boring i fell alseep!
but i sooo wanna see Nine!

December 30, 2009 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Melissa Blake said...

I'm rendered speechless because of that George Clooney goodness! xoxo

December 30, 2009 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

I rarely go to the movies because I hate people hahaha JK JK, but I DO want to see this. And I never would have expected wanting to see Avatar but everyone is going on and on about it so I guess I'll trust my peeps!

December 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger Deb Oh said...

Pray tell, WHERE are you seeing movies for $10 in the city?? Isn't it $12+ everywhere? (Except for matinees at the Lincoln Center Loews for 6 bucks...) I must know!

xo

December 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Vanessa said...

I swoooon for Clooney.
And I also saw Sherlock Holmes the other night and totally have to disagree with the girl above who fell asleep! I thought the movie was great. Really entertaining, really fun. Highly recommend it!

December 31, 2009 at 12:39 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

I also loved Up In the Air...felt sad, and happy, and entertained all at once. Everyone was cast perfectly, as well, which is always good. Happy New Year!

December 31, 2009 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Beth Ruby said...

Oooh I have to see this now!
My Mum is pretty much in love with Mr Clooney so maybe I will go and see it with her ;)
I went to go and see Nine the other day actually which was AMAZING!
Awesome post
xx

December 31, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home