This Page

has been moved to new address

be still my heart...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, December 17, 2009

be still my heart...



gulp.

what's the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for you?

even if you can't remember, isn't it nice to think about?



love actually photo via miss at la playa

Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Probably one of the sweetest movie moments!

December 16, 2009 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

By far the best part of that movie!

December 16, 2009 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Melanie's Randomness said...

I've never seen this movie but I love this picture.

Sweetest moment. hmmm. A friend of mine bought me a lil stuffed animal unicorn because he saw me one day pick up the unicorn & make the girly Awwww noise. He said when I put it back on the shelf I looked so sad. So he went back the next day & bought it for me for x-mas last year. I thought it was so sweet even if he's just a friend of mine. =)

December 16, 2009 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Oh dude. That is my very favorite movie. Today the hubs took the morning off from work and took the dude to his dr. appot. so I could sleep. Sounds like something little, but I haven't been sleeping at all...so it was sheer heaven. And why you gotta hate all over my Lulu Guiness clutch??? Ah ha ha ha.

December 16, 2009 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger eri said...

aaah. i love this movie!!!! this has to be one of the best scenes.

December 16, 2009 at 11:22 PM  
Blogger bananas. said...

finally bought that movie even though i've seen it a million times.

sweetest thing anyone has done for me...dave telling randoms on the streets of SF that he loves me. this was part of our first "i love you" story.

December 17, 2009 at 12:01 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

i love your blog! such amazing pictures too....
if you have time would you look at mine?
shelovesvelvet.blogspot.com
thanks and keep it up!
xx

December 17, 2009 at 1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is ADORABLE! love it :)

December 17, 2009 at 1:39 AM  
Blogger aaaa said...

wow aish i could remeber right away!!

but no..

xoxo

December 17, 2009 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

I love "Love Actually"!

One of the sweetest things anyone has ever done is my husband bringing me flowers and chocolates when I have a bad day. A couple of days ago, instead of a bouquet, he brought me a poinsetta. It was really cute and sweet.

December 17, 2009 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

oh man, that scene always makes me tear up just a bit.
picking the sweetest thing that someone has done for me is really difficult. i've had so many kindnesses and wonderful people touch my life...

December 17, 2009 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Ilanka Verhoeven said...

Ah so cute!
Taking me to a suprise date shopping in Belgium..
X, fashionnerdic.

December 17, 2009 at 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE this movie.

hmm. sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me? my bf moved an hour and a half away and one week, when i was feeling especially blue that he was so far away (and after many phone calls to whine to him), i received a small box in the mail. inside was a necklace with a wishbone charm and attached to it was a small note that said, "wish you were here with me". love that boy :]

December 17, 2009 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Awwww...when I really think about it the sweetest things done for me aren't the grand sweeping gestures but the little things done, day in and day out. I think those are sweeter because its a lot harder to sustain something throughout a lifetime.

December 17, 2009 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

LOVE that movie (and that moment!)

It's the little things. The other day the BF and I were g-chatting at work and we were saying goodbye and he goes "In case I don't say it enough, I adore you." Makes my heart jump just thinking about how simple and sweet it was. :}

December 17, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger Pretty Zesty said...

The sweetest thing, although didn't work on me, was when I was at a Yankee game... oph gosh about 10 years ago (eeek!) This boy bought me a cotton candy. he was sitting across the way a put a note inside asking me to meet him by the concessions. I didn't go. I was with my dad and the kid wasn't my type. But it was sweet and I'll always remember it. Now if he had gotten me a pretzel with mustard... I might be telling a different story!

December 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Aww this is so amazing- classic moment! My now ex bf sent me flowers when i was really sick in Feb. It was so sweet and surprising :)

December 17, 2009 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

what a sweetie gesture. a nice thing a guy ever done for me was a surprise b-day. he pretended he need to leave and came back with lite cake, flowers and gifts. my family got in on it too.

December 17, 2009 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger Heather Taylor said...

This movie makes me happy in so many ways!
Sweetest thing...um, I don't really know! I like random acts of kindness like opening doors for others and waiters that refill your glass without asking. I think that the little things we do for each other can truly have a strong impact in the other person's life!

December 17, 2009 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger xoxoKrysten said...

L-O-V-E that movie!

My now ex (then we were together) surprised me by coming to visit without me knowing at all. He knew I was bumming and missing him so he just up and drove 3 hours to see me. SO sweet!

December 17, 2009 at 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watching that film is my Christmas tradition. Love it!

One of the sweetest things (& thankfully there are many to choose from)...when, in the middle of the night, Dave rolled over to my side of the bed, gently kissed me on my bare left shoulder, and then rolled back. He couldn't see that I was awake or that it made me smile when he did it because my back was towards him. It was at that tender moment when I fell in love with him.

December 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

I. AM. MELTING....

December 20, 2009 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

BEST scene in the move. Closely followed by Colin Firth attempting to propose in Portuguese. Love it.

December 23, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home