This Page

has been moved to new address

{Sofia + LV = l o v e l o c k d o w n}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

{Sofia + LV = l o v e l o c k d o w n}

When Sofia Coppola teamed up with Team Vuitton to create her ideal handbag, the sparks flew.
Although her list of requirements was not long, it was quite specific:

The end result?
A perfect day bag in magnificent hues:
dark grey suede, burgundy and blue calf leather & the monogram canvas.

"Sofia" was already used by Marc Jacobs so Vuitton went with, "SC" for the new duffle.
With two luxury handbag namesakes in one short lifetime, I must inquire:
who would like to be a Coppola?

Wouldn't you love to spend an afternoon rummaging through a tray of Louis Vuitton hardware?

Lovely blogger/artist, Garance Dore, recently scored herself a blue one and is understandably smitten.
She blogged about the top 10 reasons to love her new LV and drew this delightful sketch.
Bag lovers beware, you may soon discover a slew of new reasons to worship and perhaps purchase more handbags.
#7 struck a familiar chord with me:
"It's lined entirely in pearl grey suede. I get the urge to sleep in it."

Question of the day:
What Hollywood icon or musician would you enlist to design your dream bag?
The five most creative answers will be tweeted & reblogged!

photos via Marie Claire, Garance Dore & ilvoelv

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

So... I know everyone is probably going to pick a female. But while he was living, I would have chosen Paul Newman (who could've tapped his beautiful wife on the shoulder for direction if he needed it). I know the bag would have turned out simple, understated and sensible (like me) and without a doubt, any proceeds he made would have been given to charity, and that would make me happy.

September 9, 2009 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Dallas Shaw said...

it's great!
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

September 9, 2009 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger rg. said...

Anita Pallenberg

September 9, 2009 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I love that sketch- how cute!

If I could have a celeb design a bag for me it'd be SJP for sure- she has such a unique, chic, but whimsical sense of style. I am sure she'd design something fabulous and practical at the same time. She has an eye for what's the best of the best.

September 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

if not Sophia who clean and classic looks always get me, it might have to be Sarah Jessica...I love her eclectic looks. Or, maybe the queen B Anna Wintour herself! so many icons.

September 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger drollgirl said...

good lord that bag is HOT! love it!!!

and that is a tough question. i am drawing a blank because i am a moron! let me think on it!!!!

September 9, 2009 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

I want to marry this post and have it's aloof babies. OMFG I love her...this would be my perfect collaboration. SORRY to be so unoriginal but jesus...

I totally thought of you when I wrote the bitch is back...not that you're a bitch. Anyone calls you a bitch they can talk to me...UMMM look mom, I have internet and I'm leaving crazy ass comments again.

September 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

it is so beautiful....she was a perfect choice. Of people alive, I guess it would have to be someone whose style I really admire...maybe Zooey Deschanel or Angelina Jolie or the stylist for gossip girl! OOOOOh, or dita von teese!

September 9, 2009 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Since Hanaoko used my Zooey, I would have to go with Nicole Richie or Rachel Bilson. I would love to see LV tackle boho chic. Ah ha

September 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really loved this campaign--just gorgeous! I have no idea who I'd enlist to design my dream bag..so many amazing and inspiring people to choose from! Thanks for the sweet comment on my site, doll. It would be such an honor whatever you decide to do on your blog regarding my site, you don't even need to ask!! :-)

September 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger bananas. said...

OMG i just realized i never commented on this darling post...ummm maybe because i couldn't think of an answer. i know right! i can't believe it myself. oh well love sofia. love the bag. love the question.

September 9, 2009 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger The Sydney Girl said...

haha! yes i would like to be a Coppola! :P

x

September 10, 2009 at 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that LV petit purse! :)
http://hellomisschic.blogspot.com

September 10, 2009 at 2:03 AM  
Blogger alwayslistentoyourart said...

so cute! i love it!
grat blog!
xo
B&C

September 10, 2009 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just stumbled onto your blog, and I love it! Great post! I love Sophia! I would let Scarlett Johansson design my dream bag...not because she is a phenomenal Hollywood actress but because she exudes a sexy and edgy personality wrapped in a classically beautiful aesthetic appearance!

September 10, 2009 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

i think this post just made me drool. how unbelievable is she? i love that her dream bag isn't black too!

September 11, 2009 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

i must have that bag. going to see if they have it in store when I am in Hawaii next month!

September 13, 2009 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger miss sophie said...

omg THAT BAG THAT BAG THAT BAG!!

i have a lovely gray rachel nasvik doctor bag that i adore that's very similar, but, you know, someday i would very much like to splurge on the SC bag. it really is the perfect day bag! and i love that it doesn't have crazy logos all over. very impressive considering this is LV. ;)

September 16, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home