This Page

has been moved to new address

Guest Blogger: Courtney of In(side) the Loop

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, December 14, 2009

Guest Blogger: Courtney of In(side) the Loop




I am honored to introduce, for the first time on TBF, the lovely Courtney Barton from one of my most favorite blogs, "In(side) the Loop." I started reading her blog long before TBF was even a thought. She has a killer eye for style, an adventurous spirit and that certain je ne sais quoi only a Louisiana native living in Kuala Lumpur may possess. She lives her life "out loud" with husband JJ, and her dog, Burkly Deluxe in tote. Her passion for exploring beautiful countries and hunting down wondrous Malaysian food & wine is quite contagious. She's simply delightful and I'm so thrilled to have her here.

I asked Courtney to devise a personal holiday dream list.

Here's what she came up with:


I certainly don't expect Santa to deliver a bag teeming with laptops, cameras, and fine art, but I love having aspirations. After all, what else is an ultimate Wish List for? Happy, happy holidays!

1. Ever since meeting Malaysian artist Ahmad Zakii Anwar, I've become utterly obsessed with his contemporary charcoal drawings. Zakii's pieces are so realistic they resemble photographs, and I can't think of a better souvenir of our time living in Kuala Lumpur.

2. I love sending tangible, handwritten mail. My mother-in-law gave me a "B" wax seal when I married JJ, and I don't think a week goes by without finding something that needs to be signed, sealed and delivered. I'm nearly out of my navy wax, so I'm hoping for a motley box of refills.

3. LoefflerRandall shoes are my greatest weakness. I have a pair of snakeskin flats I've owned for nearly three years—and they still look brand spankin' new.

4. I've managed to capture many great moments with my trusty sidekick [the Canon G9], but now I'm itching for something more advanced. Enter the 7D. Way out of my amateur league, but I love knowing I will never outgrow its capabilities.

5. Since Malaysia isn't exactly known for winter, I can't justify the expense of new boots. A pair of Bandits—like the Darjeeling ikat bows—could jazz up my current shoes.

6. I adore my MacBook Pro, but my eyes beg for a larger screen while my photos beg for more storage space. iMacs fascinate me. The thought of having nothing more than a monitor, keyboard and mouse gracing my desk sounds just dreamy; CPU units be damned.

7. Quote Studio is chock full of smart, well-crafted designs. I could have made a wish list from this designer alone, but I'll start with the S-shaped coin purse to house my Shanghai Rummy sen. When I win big, I'll return for the rest of their drool-worthy bags.

8. If asked a month ago whether I'd like another dog, I would have lightly laughed and maybe mentioned something about you being off your rocker. Then I sauntered into a local pet shop and came across a 2 month old Saint Bernard. A Saint Bernard that threw her arms around my neck at our first encounter. I'm still thinking about that sweet girl...and wondering exactly how hard it is to potty train a dog.

Visit Courney's blog, In(side) the Loop, here.

Thank you Courtney, we're so glad you could stop by!

Have a very Happy Holiday!

xo

*Coincidentally, but not entirely accidentally, I am also a guest blogger today!

Visit me at the English Muse for dreamy Parisian photographs from 1962!*


Labels: ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Yay for the Canon 7D...that's a real pro camera.

December 14, 2009 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I know what a wax seal baaaaaaaaaad!

December 14, 2009 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oooh 7D freakin amazing.. haha i just got the t1i for xmas :)

December 14, 2009 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Pretty Zesty said...

amazing gift list!

December 14, 2009 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger bananas. said...

seems like everyone's wanting a canon dslr camera. this is like the 5th or 6th list that has it. haha.

i have a nikon d90 and i lurve it.

great list from a great guest poster :)

December 14, 2009 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Well how funny is this?! I just came from Court's blog!! Serendipitous, I know;) Great list, Court...and a Saint Bernard sounds perfect!

December 14, 2009 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Great list! I'm fascinated with that coin purse!

December 14, 2009 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME gift list! Can I please have a Saint Bernard, too???

December 14, 2009 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

what a great list...i'll go check her out!

December 14, 2009 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger DIANA said...

god i wish i could get all this as well! but no i cant awwwww! but i could still have loads of fun Visiting your blog were I never know what I will find!

December 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Some great ideas! Love the camera and the flats.

December 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Fab lists...wonderful to be living in an exotic country~

December 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger drollgirl said...

#8 is my favorite!!! i think life would be a whole lot more fun with a saint bernard! :)

December 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle Schraudner said...

Ooh I want a saint bernard puppy too!

December 14, 2009 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Thanks a million, Lisi. I have to say, this list was a lot of fun to put together...and to really think about what items I can hold on to for the long haul. Hope Santa brings you everything you ask for as well.
xx

December 14, 2009 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Ela said...

Ooh, I'm a sucker for stationary so I'm pretty sure I need a wax seal, right NOW!

Hope Santa's good to you!

December 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Midtown Girl said...

My gf brought me back a wax seal from London (Harrods) and I love it!

And I totally need a new camera bc my point & shoot is soo BLEH!

ps - Kristin's comment had me rolling..I think she was drunk-commenting - LOL!

December 14, 2009 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

your post is the 3rd time today mention a cute dog. maybe this is a sign for me.

December 14, 2009 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Taylor Sterling said...

great selection!!

December 15, 2009 at 12:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh i love Courtney's blog! congrats on hosting such an amazing blogger.
loving your site as always.
xox

December 15, 2009 at 12:35 AM  
Blogger Francheska L said...

Yes pleaseee! I´ll have all of it!!!!!x

December 15, 2009 at 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice first photo! ;))

December 15, 2009 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

I love Courtney too and the way you describe her is spot on! Her list is amazing--love the idea of a wax seal for letters!

December 15, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home