This Page

has been moved to new address

in new york....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

in new york....


Can't get this Jay-Z/Alicia Keys song, Empire State of Mind out of my head...
thought I'd just get it in yours.....

Also, come check out my guest post over at Tina's house, English Muse!

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Iva Messy said...

the man in a genius. amazing genius.

:)

November 11, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

This song's stuck in my head too! I'm in Prague for the semester, but I'm missing NYC like mad!

November 11, 2009 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

OMG LOVE THIS.

I am in love with Jay-Z, totally want him to be my baby daddy. UGH damn Beyonce ruined my master plan.

November 11, 2009 at 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Vanessa said...

This song has been in my head for about a week and a half. But I still haven't gotten sick of it. It makes me homesick for the U.S.

November 11, 2009 at 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, i think this song is stuck in EVERYONE'S head! It is crazy, I have been listening to this song at work alll day! hahaha it is totally an NYC anthem now. You can't walk down the street without hearing it

November 11, 2009 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

girl..........you know this is my anthem, right!?!

i still get chills and teary missing New York. I can't believe this the first time i've seen the video.... absolutely amazing...

i am so proud when i hear it...thanks ma for sharing the video

November 12, 2009 at 1:38 AM  
Blogger Nicole Leigh said...

seriously love this song!!! just saw him live! beyond amazing

November 12, 2009 at 1:49 AM  
Blogger Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

I love this song. Not since Billy Joel's New York State of Mind came out that there was a suitable ode to NYC!!

November 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

Hi Lisi,

I was wondering if we could exchange links? I have a new fashion + design blog Les Filles Giada et Cairo

November 12, 2009 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger Fashion By He said...

great song, being a little over played though

-He approves

November 12, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Ela said...

This song is on repeat in my mind ALL the time.
Off to check out your guest post now!

November 12, 2009 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Mr. + Mr. Rubio said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 12, 2009 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Mr. + Mr. Rubio said...

I wanted to post a pretty picture I had made, but I have six words for you:

I belong in New York City.

Loves NY.

November 12, 2009 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Deb Oh said...

I've been hearing this song EVERYWHERE lately. Probably had something to do with the Yankees...not that I mind, it's ridiculously catchy.

November 12, 2009 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

I love that song and video!

November 13, 2009 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Traveller said...

Love, love this song :) I saw JayZ in concert (before Coldplay) and ever since I have been listening to it at least once every day! Makes me want to jump on a plane, immediately!

November 14, 2009 at 4:21 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I love the song!

November 16, 2009 at 2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home