This Page

has been moved to new address

did you ever have a penpal?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

did you ever have a penpal?

after seeing these, i kinda really want one!

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

oh the idea is really cute. i don't write letters to friends much anymore.

September 2, 2009 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Dream Sequins said...

So sweet! I used to have penpals, but then I got lazy!!

September 2, 2009 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

How cute! I had a penpal when I was younger too...like 10 years old. It was fun but we lost touch. Though we are fb friends, haha!

September 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

I'll be your pen pal! WOOP WOOP!

I'll send you pictures of me in my new Balmain. wait for it...


hahahahahahahahahahahahaa that is clearly a joke.

But snail mail? Lets bring it back, yo.

September 2, 2009 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

no but that is ADORABLE!

September 2, 2009 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, yes, yes! I've had many. I love a good hand written letter + tons of pretty stationary!

Cheers.

P.S. We're throwing a giveaway today!

September 2, 2009 at 8:10 PM  
Blogger Iva Messy said...

yes I did when I was a little one :0)

September 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger bananas. said...

SERIOUSLY!!!

i so miss my pen pals. i used to have so many. i like to think of it as my texting back then but really it's not even the same.

September 2, 2009 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger The Sydney Girl said...

i used to when i was in primary school! my teacher organised it between our class and another school he used to teach at. her name was renee! was lots of fun. we used to put glitter on our stationery and decorate it so much.

<3 your blog too! adding you to myyy blogroll ;p

xxx

September 2, 2009 at 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Leia said...

Sooo cute! I want a penpal now!! :)

September 3, 2009 at 1:52 AM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

I had a bunch of penpals but never stationary as cute as those! It was really fun to get letters from Japan and see the stationary they had.

September 3, 2009 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yes, I did. I loved it:)

September 3, 2009 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Gabby said...

I did when i was a tween...so fun!

I am starting to send more letters again. I love getting mail and there are some beautiful paper products out there!

September 3, 2009 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger KY said...

I never had a penpal, or actually I had. But it was a friend of mine. She lived far away and we couldn't see each other that often, so we wrote letters haha

September 4, 2009 at 5:34 AM  
Blogger Aline said...

how cute!! I used to write to family friends in Japam and Englad, but have now switched to email....so sad!

September 4, 2009 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

oh my goodness, i need that ice cream stamp! need it!

September 6, 2009 at 6:30 PM  
Anonymous Uninvoked said...

It seems like it'd be so much fun. Maybe I'll write one of my California friends a letter. ^^

September 7, 2009 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I feel like i have pen pals now thanks to blogging!! Though can you only imagine the paper beauty goodness that would flood the mail system if we took it to pen and paper?

I still make it my mission to mail out 1 -2 pieces of real just-for-fun mail a month to friends and family. Everyone loves letters!

September 9, 2009 at 1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home