This Page

has been moved to new address

NY Times Thursday Stylin' {Olsens as Cover Girls}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, August 27, 2009

NY Times Thursday Stylin' {Olsens as Cover Girls}

This morning, I picked up the NY Times and found the twins on the cover of the Style section. Cathy Horyn wrote an insightful & interesting article on "the magical millionaire pixies" {one blogger's name for them} & I thought I should share. I never had any strong feelings for or against them, but I absolutely LOVE their lines, especially Elizabeth & James.

Here's the article. Go check it out, & let me know your thoughts on them. Have you changed your mind over the past few years with the emergence of their beautiful lines? Just curio....



Here's a video I found from 2007, featuring Ashley's line, The Row, pretty creatively. Enjoy & do have a lovely day!



photo credits: top two photos {SKINNY}, last photo {today's Times}

Labels:

29 Comments:

Anonymous Anne @ The City Sage said...

I have been living in my Elizabeth and James button down all summer, and i'm already coveting another one for fall---i just wonder exactly how much input they have, you know?

but i do have a fair bit of respect for how original their personal styles are!

August 27, 2009 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

olsen sis are soo fab.
they are so stylish!

redcherrye.blogspot.com

August 27, 2009 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger meraldia said...

I like their dresses on the first picture! Very lady-like!

August 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger DS said...

I have to admit I never paid much attention to them until fairly recently; but I do love their line and it looks like they are doing really well for themselves these days! I also want to check out the book that they worked on a while back, that looks interesting as well.

August 27, 2009 at 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THEM! I don't know what it is, but there is definitely something magical about these girls.

August 27, 2009 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

I do have to say that they are talented gals and the older they get the more I like them! I look forward to reading the article.

August 27, 2009 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger bananas. said...

k that is a faboo picture of the two of them! i haven't seen a cute picture of them like that in years. i used to be obsessed with mary kate's style. that was before they both got all hobo homeless on us and before MK looked like a complete crackhead.

NOW...it looks like things are a lil better so YAY for the twinsies.

August 27, 2009 at 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i have alawys loved them. period. when i was 7 years old i went to a bday party with them..it was magical.

Have u seen the marie claire with ashley on the cover..in the spread, she is wearing one of the most gorgeous longsleeve, cream dress with feathers. i literally gasped when i saw it. of course its from her personal archive.

August 27, 2009 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

So funny bc I have a post scheduled today regarding them and the E & J shoe line! I really like A Olsen...she is more out and about I think- looked fab in Marie Claire. I am glad they are child stars-mind you, the biggest child stars like ever- who turned out relatively OK, and I love E & J line (wish I could afford it)!!!

August 27, 2009 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Dream Sequins said...

They're sweet girls. I've always been a fan. Through thick and thin (more literally, thin). :)

August 27, 2009 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Syed said...

Unbelievably amount of hype surrounding them, but looking at that first shot you can understand why :) Hope you're having a beautiful day!

August 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Andee Layne said...

their style is impeccable! great blog! Please check out my fashion and lifetsyle blog www.andeelayne.blogspot.com. Follow mine as I will yours xo

August 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Pretty in a Power Suit said...

I've always love the twins. It might be because I grew up with them on Full House, but even now I love following their style and brands.
-Tawney

August 27, 2009 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Aartee said...

how pretty are they in those pics??

August 27, 2009 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger A BIT COQUETTISH said...

I do love them (:

bisous,
La C.

August 27, 2009 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Virginia de la Reynares said...

Wow, love the video, the girl looks good in everything!!

August 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

their tween phase was annoying, but i'm pleasantly surprised to say i really like them now. they're style is always something to looks at.

August 27, 2009 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

I love them. Not only because of current obsession with E and J but they always stay true to themselves, even if it resembles homelessness. Really expensive homelessness.

August 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

"ROSEBUD"?????
wait for it...

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

funniest.shit.ever.

You are HILARIOUS. I am crying laughing.

August 27, 2009 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Melissa Blake said...

how beautiful!

August 27, 2009 at 6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really do like the Olsen's that video was very beautiful and creative! I love how she kept changing her clothes! In fact, the video kind of inspired me to have a totally black and white wardrobe. With little pops of color here and there.
However, I do have two qualms about the Olsen twins. First, there occasional tendency to dress like homeless people. Second, the fact that they NEVER smile. They just do that silly grimace thing with their mouths. So annoying!

August 27, 2009 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger Ela said...

I think they are incredibly adorable, stylish and have such great business savvy. I'm in such awe of what they've made of their lives. And so glad that despite their young age, they're nothing like pop tarts.
Happy almost Friday, hon :)

August 27, 2009 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

they have come a long way from the little baby from full house. they are smart women who are in full charge of their lives. good for them.

August 27, 2009 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

btw, have you received the perricone product yet. let me know if there is an issue.

August 27, 2009 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger . said...

They have definitely grown up. So stylish and chic!

August 28, 2009 at 12:52 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

i don't know what it is about them but have always loved their style even if most of it is stuff I would not wear together. however, love elizabeth and james. their stuff is amazing and the fit is always perfect!

August 28, 2009 at 1:26 AM  
Blogger Fashion Cappuccino said...

I really like their brand too! I think they should definitely add another line to the Row (more affordable version). I enjoyed the video; it was very pleasant and creative! xxoxoxo

August 28, 2009 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger Pretty Little World said...

I think a lot of people don't give these girls enough credit -- after reading interviews with them (esp. Ashley), it's amazing how much business acumen they have. It can't be easy to run a multi-billion dollar business in your early 20s!!

August 29, 2009 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

I like them, always have. Want some more of their clothes!

August 31, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home