This Page

has been moved to new address

Miss Venezuela Wins Miss Universe, Heidi Montag "Performs"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, August 24, 2009

Miss Venezuela Wins Miss Universe, Heidi Montag "Performs"

Since the majority of you will not have seen this {semi-entertaining, yet truly awkward} "awards" show, here's a quick recap. I won't even bother explaining why I watched this competition, but to cut to the chase, I did. In a few words, the Miss Universe pageant is kind of a complete disaster. Overall, I felt like I was watching a pretty lame MTV Music Awards that had OD'd on Aquanet.

Some highlights included:

The multitalented Flo Rida doubles as a judge,
scoping out contestants on stage...mid-performance.
The Donald slyly steals air time & looks surprisingly smug.

Probably most intriguing was their choice for an opening number. Not sure how they came to Heidi Montag, but I'm thinking the recession played a driving force.

Luckily, I tuned in at just the right spot. Heids had just taken the stage with her entourage. I still haven't been able to come up with the right words to describe her performance. However, the whole thing left me feeling so uncomfortable. I apologize in advance for wasting two minutes of of your lives.
{you...just...have...to...watch...}

p.s. Since so many of you feel so strongly against H. Pratt, please feel free to use the comment space to vent your frustrations concerning the wrongs of reality tv & all things SPEIDI.
Peace.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Lauren From Texas said...

I am pissed off at you for putting me through that. It's like I couldn't look away. Just watched the whole thing. YIKES. Does anyone actually LIKE her???

August 24, 2009 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger bananas. said...

sorry i cannot watch that biatch. she is beyond annoying. like if she died the world would be a much happier place and that's saying a lot because i truly do not wish death upon anyone however she not anyone. grrrrr...the claws are out now! lol.

ps. it likes like miss venazuela always wins, no?

August 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger bananas. said...

no way, that's not weird at all. you are fortunate to have so many best friends. me on the other hand, i have one best friend, erika, and like many close second friends. she really knows me best though.

August 24, 2009 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

I saw it this morning and I cringed the entire time. She is obviously lip-syncing, she can't dance, and her outfit is horrid. I really wish horrible things on her and her "husband".

August 24, 2009 at 11:17 AM  
Anonymous rachel said...

Wow. There are so many things wrong with the video... the outfit, the lip-syncing, the music, but worst of all, the dancing!

I'm sad that she turned into someone like this. I remember watching the first season of the Hills and I thought she was actually pretty back then... and then she ended up like this.

August 24, 2009 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger The Townhouselady said...

That girl aint right.

Neither are we for giving her the time of day.

Alas, we do enjoy a train wreck don't we?

August 24, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I seriously sat there with my mouth open in awe last night. Britney Spears doesn't have anything on Mrs. Pratt. Ah ha

August 24, 2009 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

Gabby and I were in shock. Like...WTF?!!!!!!!!!

I felt bad for her. I mean, if I liked her I would feel bad for her, but since I can't stand her I laughed my ass off.

I'm rillyrilly nice.

August 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger soph // and other things said...

Oh man... I couldn't even watch that whole video... But it was enough to scar me, haha.

I watched a repeat of Season 1 of The Hills the other day... and she was so normal (read: less plastic) back then.

August 25, 2009 at 5:08 AM  
Blogger The High Heel Times said...

Oh my...just what is wrong with the producers to ask some Heidi Pratt to perform at the Miss Universe awards/event?! I saw pictures of her at the rehearsal and that was enough reason already for me, not to watch this video, sorry. I think I might not strong enough. Maybe one day...

August 25, 2009 at 8:00 AM  
Blogger Manju said...

Ohh heidi...her performance was so retarded! totally cringe-worthy >_<
thanks for dropping by my blog! i love yours!!!! following ^^

August 25, 2009 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I actually tuned in for a bit of this... and there are just no words to describe the hot mess that was Heidi on that stage. What?!? And I think it's interesting that they introduced her as, "She's a celbrity, get her out here." This performance proves she is most ceratainly NOT a singer, nor a dancer... and why she's even a celebrity, I have no idea...

August 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I will never get that 1 minute, 49 seconds back. But god that was amazing!

August 26, 2009 at 1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she and her husband are just out right ridiculous...

August 26, 2009 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger SashaHalimaPR said...

Explain to me why the hell Speidi was there?

WTF...that's awful.

August 26, 2009 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger Aartee said...

lol I have absolutely no words!

August 27, 2009 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger celine said...

Remember that Britney Spears MTV VMAs performance back in the day where she strips off a suit to reveal this ridiculously sexy nude sparkly pants and halter top outfit? And how she totally killed that performance?

This was SO not that.

August 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM  
Blogger bathmate said...

Happy new year.
nice link i like it so much. this link is very useful to every body. very nice posting

Bathmate

December 29, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home