This Page

has been moved to new address

Brown Lips?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Brown Lips?

Chocolate hued lips were seen on the PYT at Rodarte and Suno. Lovelies, I’m going to level with you. I’m not sure if this is the most wearable or flattering look. Makeup, at its best, accentuates your greatest attributes and makes you look pretty, sexy, or dramatic. At its worst, it makes you look tired, washed out and dare I say it…old. Therefore, I’m not a fan of brown lips; I think it’s a tough color to pull off for most. I also think it makes teeth look yellow and dingy. Yellowed teeth are not exactly a youthful look. I like the pretty, stained lip look I get from eating a cherry Popsicle, not a Fudgesicle. I prefer to rock browns, in all its colors and variations, on my eyes. A brown smoky eye will never go out of style, whereas fashion week trends come and go. For me personally, this is one runway inspired trend I will be sitting out. 

What about you, would you rock it?


Guest post by Bre at Bre Beauty

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger carrie1 said...

I remember brown was all the rage like in my freshman year of high school. I remember everyone wanted the cover girl Coffee Bean lipstick.

September 23, 2010 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Ta said...

I agree with that. I tried brown for a while, but it wasn't something i thought i looked GOOD in.

September 23, 2010 at 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the last picture is okay. But I think it does make the girls look old!

September 23, 2010 at 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Andrea J. said...

Yuck! Can someone say rimjob?

September 23, 2010 at 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Kate said...

Bre- Great site! Will be checking in daily! Love it!!

September 23, 2010 at 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Jess Sweda said...

Ewww. I think they look hideous. You won't see me rocking poo lips anyime soon either. Cute site btw.

September 23, 2010 at 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have to try that out for fall for sure! ;)

Giveaway over my blog...

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/2010/09/giveaway-50-off-design-your-ownshoes-or.html

xoxo

September 23, 2010 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Katy Mary said...

Ya I am definitely not a fan!

September 23, 2010 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger beewaits said...

I do enjoy a brown lip....but it has to have something else..like plummy undertones. I agree it's not an easy colour to wear but when it's pulled off it looks striking. Alas I looked at a gorgeous MAC brown that was pretty much the same colour as my hair. Grim as.

Those more "latte" brown shades are horrendous

Claire

xo

www.beewaits.blogspot.com

September 23, 2010 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I'll pass...

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

September 23, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Jenmarie said...

I think it really just depends on the person, but it does seem that most can't really rock the look very well.

I think the last girl pulls it off the best.

September 23, 2010 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Heather Feemster said...

I have to disagree, I've worn a brown lip here and there for years, if you have white teeth and the right complexion it looks good and I really like the 1st and last picture but even a darker brown is fun....it's just not for everyone as we see in the second pic but she actually looks like she's wearing green...

September 23, 2010 at 12:26 PM  
Anonymous DuoMakeupArtistry said...

I used to wear brown back in the early 90's... I say let's leave it there!! It's a horrible color, better suited for the eyes! Luv your post Bre!

September 23, 2010 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Fit With Flash said...

i agree. all the rage for a YEAR in high school, but not for me...especially when your lips take up half your face. ; )

September 24, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home