This Page

has been moved to new address

My Black Friday {A illustrated play-by-play}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, November 30, 2009

My Black Friday {A illustrated play-by-play}

I'd love to give you all the minute-by-minute account of my
crazy morning, but I'm pressed for time.
Of course I must share my purchases and obviously my savings....
For the record, I got to Saks at 7:30am, with my mother-in-law.
We met her sister and nieces & rushed up to the 8th floor for shoes,
pushing aside little old ladies & trampling two salesmen.
We soon realized there was nothing on sale & made a dash downstairs...
Here's what I got:

Maison Martin Margiela mm6 sleeveless,
hooded dress in anthracite
originally $295, 40% off = $177

I didn't realize the cowl neck was actually a hood
until I got home & googled it. Holy shit.

Next I searched frantically for the Elizabeth & James blazer
I fell head over heels for in August seen here. No luck, but
I did manage to score these amazing straight leg black pants,
which make me look legitimately anorexic!
{not my legs shown below, though...}

Elizabeth & James black spiral pant
originally $245, a million % off = $88

By 10:13am, I had managed to get two amazing, classic, heavily
discounted items. I could have gone home then....clearly I didn't!
Onto the next....winter coats!
Five years ago at my first Black Friday Saks sale, I found my Andrew
Marc fur-lined coat. Sadly, at this point, it's completely lost its shape.
I saw this, grabbed it in two sizes & tried it on among many, many others...

Andrew Marc, down coat, fur trimmed hood...
sorry PETA!
originally $450, 40% off = $270

I love it. I want to sleep in it & have its babies.

Last we hit up makeup on the 1st floor.
We both needed eye liners & headed straight to Chanel.
I have to give the makeup artist a shout out, he's seriously fantastic.
He does hair & makeup for fashion, on & off the runway.
Jorge Pastor, you are a genius & you're fabulous.
Here's the link to his website

I forgot to take pictures of the amazing job he did, but
I will show you what I went home with:

Chanel "Birds of Paradise" Holiday Eye Shadow Quad
{thank you April!}
Hopefully I can remember how to recreate the look!

Finally I stopped at the YSL counter to affirm the notion
I had that Parisienne would be my next fragrance.
Being fragrance-commitment-phobic, I haven't bought perfume
in over 5 years.

However, this scent is heavenly....it's light,
feminine without being too flowery & ultra chic.
Parisienne, you're on my list!

In conclusion, I love you Black Friday. I will continue to
come back year after year, no matter what the nay-sayers say.
They'll never understand our relationship anyway.
: )

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Great deals! :) I'd say.

November 30, 2009 at 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - great shopping!!! The hooded dress is AMAZING! Love!

November 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

You get ALL the great deals there in the States! We never have such good luck in Canada!!!

November 30, 2009 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Shaista said...

And worse luck here in sleepy Cambridge :)
Looks like you had an amazingly successful day! Hope you get to wear the slinky cowl dress to an equally amazing party.

November 30, 2009 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Taylor Sterling said...

great job you got some awesome things!

November 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Ela said...

Woohoo for Black Friday! Fabulous finds, my dear! I tried it once a few years ago, our first stop was an absolute nightmare but it was deal central everywhere else after that. Have yet to do it since but must.
You and your fur babies would be way too cute ;)

November 30, 2009 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Dream Sequins said...

Hello lovely-- sounds like you got some fabulous deals. I am especially jealous of that versatile MMM top! LOVES. xx

November 30, 2009 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Wow you did well! amazing deals :) I skipped BF this year.

November 30, 2009 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

"HOLY SHIT"
hahahaha! I love you dude.

OMFG E & J skinnies for 88? Scratch that, I hate you bitch.

No I love you.

LOVE THE JACKET. Sorry PETA, I give you money every year so I can say that.

Omg. People are going to hate me.

November 30, 2009 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey.. thank you so much for the most excellent coat quote!

Hope you don't mind, but we posted it on our facebook page. You can see it over here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/AndrewMarcLeather.

Though, umm.. have to tell you..it's much harder to create little baby Andrew Marc coats than just sleeping in it..lol!!

Glad you love it!

November 30, 2009 at 3:21 PM  
Anonymous Vanessa said...

No Black Friday in Sweden. Sweden sucks big time. I need to move back to the U.S.

November 30, 2009 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Lisa D. said...

it looks like you found some great stuff! i love that eyeshadow quad! :) i just found your blog today. i like it!

November 30, 2009 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger bananas. said...

nope...will never get the madness that is black friday but you found some good things. that is true.

i'll have to check this parisienne out since i'm on the lookout for new perfume.

November 30, 2009 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

wow did you find some great stuff lady!!!!!

November 30, 2009 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hello, i die over that coat. GORGEOUS!!! I'm scared of Black Friday. eep. I have to grow a pair and just do it.

November 30, 2009 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Congrats on the great deals!

November 30, 2009 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Wow. I have never, EVER, liked a puffy quilted coat before. That is, until I saw the one you just scored... gorgeous.

November 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm I am sooo jealous right now! that sounded like a fantastic adventure. I am in love with everything you bought. Esp that cowl sweater... and I wanna smell that perfume, too!

...still jealous...

November 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Paige said...

Those black pants are super fantastic. BEEK! You ran across some seriously good luck.

November 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger Iva Messy said...

you scored some awesome deals!

December 1, 2009 at 1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home