This Page

has been moved to new address

Creating "The International Hair Guide" & My Favorite Salon Revealed!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, November 23, 2009

Creating "The International Hair Guide" & My Favorite Salon Revealed!


psssssssssst!
You may already know...
I'm on a HUNT.

          I'm searching far and wide across all cities and all countries for the most talented hair stylists in the world. You see, I'm sick of scouring magazines only to find the same old boring, overpriced hair salons featured repeatedly.  You know what I'm talking about, right?  Ones that force you to shell out an arm, a leg and a down payment on a house for a chance to sit in a busy, overbooked stylist's chair.  You feel like for this price, you should be getting the best haircut and color of your life...but then, not so much...Maybe I sound bitter, but I think I'm quite hopeful.  I'm setting out to collect the names of the most fabulous hair people across the globe.  Then I'll share them right here, as a permanent fixture on my blog.  Let's save ourselves countless hours of searching and thousands of hard earned dollars.

Let's be subversive, start a hair raising revolution and vow to never waste money on an cut or color again!

Share your favorite hair stylist's information here and I'll include
them in The Beauty File's International Hair Guide.  Pass this onto your
beauty loving friends.  The more the merrier!

The list will be as long and far-reaching as YOU all.
If you love your stylist or colorist and you want the world to know,
share it with me, right here!


Now it's my turn.
My salon of choice:
Prada Grusel
Stylist:
William Grusel
Address:
331 Madison Avenue, at 43rd Street
New York City
212.557.3123

*prices are reasonable, appointments are typically available, cuts are
unbelievable & they specialize in Balayage
{European hand painted highlights}.

just tell 'em I sent ya!  :  )

{if you aren't able to leave a comment, send me an email with the info:
thebeautyfile at gmail dot com}

photos via: Ms. Muse tumblr, moi

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is SO difficult to find a stylist who can cut and color my impossibly thick and curly hair...but, I have two!

One of them happens to be my cousin but she lives in Laguna Beach, California so for obvious reason she can't be my full-time stylist. She is a jack of all trades with hair...I've seen her cut short, long, curly, straight, gives perms, give a gorgeous blowout and even take someone from blond to red with extensions...amazing. Here's her info:
Dannielle Clemens
Studio DC
Laguna Beach, CA.
http://www.studiodcsalon.com/
If you're lucky enough to live in SoCal...call her!

And in NY, you must go to Jose at Jackie's Salon in Jackson Heights, Queens. I made the mistake of spending an obscene amount of money on my hair at some of the best salons in Manhattan - my hair only looked "ok" and I somehow always felt guilty instead of fabulous after visiting the salon. My mother and aunt get their hair done at this small but beautiful salon in Queens and when I met Jose I knew that my life, at least my hair's life would change forever...he gets my hair. So much so that I live in Manhattan but travel there to see him for my cuts and color...it's only a short ride from Midtown to Roosevely Avenue in Jackson Heights.
Jose
Jackie's Salon
37th Avenue, Jackson Heights
718-426-5262

November 23, 2009 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Deb Oh said...

I've had the same stylist for over 10 years now - which means I trek across the GWB into Fort Lee, NJ to get my hair cut. (Now that's commitment)

Stylist: Mirha
Salon: Mirha Salon, 1637 Palisade Ave # 1 Fort Lee, NJ 07024
(201) 944-1412

I've always had my hair au naturale, so I just go for cut - but they also do straightening, coloring, all that stuff. For a totally reasonable price.

November 23, 2009 at 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i live 5 mins from laguna so im going to try danielle, thanks!

November 23, 2009 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Joanna Goddard said...

sounds great! this hair guide is a fun idea. i read your comments on my blog, and i'll definitely let you know if i think of anyone who would be good for it. thanks!

November 23, 2009 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

This is such a great idea! I wish I had someone to contribute - but this is something I always have trouble with.

xo

November 23, 2009 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

My salon of choice:
Verdacia Salon
Stylist:
Elvis
Address:
8610 Citrus Park Dr
Tampa, FL 33625-3012
(813) 852-1509

He is a master with curly hair, which not everyone is! Plus, he is ridiculously reasonable considering the crazy jungle mane that I have! And he always makes me laugh. Bonus!

November 23, 2009 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

this is such a great idea! i lost my favorite stylist and am desperately seeking a new one!

November 23, 2009 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

What a great idea! My longtime stylist who I LOVE in Seattle is:

Emilee at Gene Juarez Salons & Spas at the Bellevue Galleria
550 106th Ave NE # 105
Bellevue, WA 98004
www.genejuarez.com
(425) 450-2999

She's actually in Bellevue but it's only about a 15 minute drive from downtown Seattle. She charges $100 per haircut but she is EXCELLENT with naturally curly hair and it's well worth it. She also only does hair cuts, not color, but Jenn at the Bellevue Salon is an excellent colorist.

November 23, 2009 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger TERI REES WANG said...

Dark to Blond does not happen over night. There is a slow graduation process to follow.
Ambitious patience is required.

Tell her good luck.

November 23, 2009 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

For those in Boston, I have to say that Seth Selman of Avanti Salon is the best stylist. His prices are reasonable, especially considering his genius and he has mastered the art of both cuts and colros. Seth has more personality and talent than anyone I've ever met, which is quite spectacular considering that I've worked with hair stylists for the past six years, and I cannot rave about his enough. Please, if you ever do a city-specific style guide, feature Seth. He's fanfuckingtastic!

January 14, 2010 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Uh. Forgot to add contact info:
Avanti Salon Tel: 617.267.4027
www.avantisalonboston.com
Extra Info: HE'S REALLY GREAT! I promise.

January 14, 2010 at 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home