This Page

has been moved to new address

Get the Look: Fabulous Steel Blue Eyes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Get the Look: Fabulous Steel Blue Eyes

I saw this photo of Anne Hathaway in August's InStyle & nearly fainted. Her steel blue shadow is exactly what I want to be wearing come Fall, to accompany a long grey cashmere sweater, black leather belt, black leggings and my imaginary Balmain black zippered booties. {I threw in a photo of them for drooling purposes.}


Le sigh...OK ladies, back to the makeup.
This look is guaranteed to make your eyes pop, no matter what color you have. Just look at what it does for Anne's brown stunners. Gorg!



Shopping List
{suggestions by Genevieve Herr, InStyle}:

Eye Shadow:
NARS Duo Eyeshadow, $32, Sephora, SAKS
{Seen above: so rich in pigment, it will last forever & never disappoint}

Mascara:
1. First apply a rich black shade, my favorite being DIOR, Diorshow {you probably know that I am a fanatic for this mascara by now!}

2. Then apply your favorite blue-ish mascara just to the TIPS of the lashes. Herr suggests Lancome Definicils in Navy. {I suggest it too!}

If you try the look, take some pics & send them to me! I would love to see your gorgeous faces all dolled up!

Photo credit of Anne via here
Balmain boots are available for purchase at Net-a-porter for only $1,975

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger bananas. said...

oh.my.heaven. those SHOES! now you done made me make a mess of my shirt. i'm drooling everywhere!!! haha. ew.

but wow.

that make-up is stunning too. i will try it and take pics just for you!

August 11, 2009 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Aline said...

ahhhhh. I have to show this to Liz for the wedding, I love it!

August 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

Liz is here! LOL

Awesome awesome!!!!!!

"only $1,975"...I've often considered asking net-a-porter if they will take a payment plan. But I don't think it's like HSN...

August 11, 2009 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Ela said...

She looks stunning! Thanks for the tips!!! :)
p.s. LOVED hearing about your Bat Mitzvah dream - hope they gave you some nice pressies :)

August 11, 2009 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Someday... when I have a job and tons and tons of money, I think I will just pay you to come and do my make up everyday since I am an idiot with this stuff.

August 11, 2009 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ohhhhhhh, I love that look. If only I wasn't so challenged when it comes to hair and makeup. Boo.

August 11, 2009 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I have to try this since my eyes are almost the same shade as her even though my hair is wilder and darker. thoughts?

August 11, 2009 at 5:33 PM  
Anonymous modediktat said...

Hi there :)
thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog - so I was able to find yours - woooow! Your taste is terrific!!
Will add you to my blog roll!
The colors for eye makeup are fantastic, I'm using almost the same - my eyes are brown like Anne's.
And, well... You've already noticed my weakness for Balmain booties?...
xoxo, Sofie

August 11, 2009 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

loving the zipper boots!

August 11, 2009 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

those boots! dang girl, love them!

anne hathaway looks so lovely here I think I want that Nars Duo, I've been looking for some dark gray/silvery shadows.

August 12, 2009 at 12:24 AM  
Blogger Beth Ruby said...

Lol I am actually nearly drooling over those gorgeous Balmains!
Haha thanks for that ;)
Love Anne Hathaways look too, she always looks stunning!
Beth xx

August 12, 2009 at 6:27 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

She is so incredibly beautiful. I've got such a huge crush on Anne.

August 13, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home