This Page

has been moved to new address

Anna Wintour is True Recessionista, Advises Trip to Queens

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Anna Wintour is True Recessionista, Advises Trip to Queens

Last night, as we all probably know, Anna Wintour paid David Letterman a visit. In less than ten minutes, she insulted his socks, told him that she might put him in a headlock & revealed her solution to dressing fashionably during rough economic times. "Head to Macy's....in Queens" {said however, with complete disdain & obvious disgust}. She used the opportunity to mention that she will be visiting Macy's in Queens {note: there's definitely more than one Macy's in the borough} for her upcoming event, "Fashion's Night Out" on 09/10/09 {more info on FNO click here}.

I decided to take her sage advice and browse on over to Macy's.com. If it's good enough for Anna, it's good enough for us.

Look 1:
(a+b)
(a) Rachel Rachel Roy, dress, $109
(b) guess bootie, $129

Look 2:
(c+d)
(c) calvin klein dress, $129
(d) alfani shoes, $89

Looks 3,4,5:
(any combo of e - i)
(e) inc embellished tank, $59
(f) bcbg poet top, $78
(g) michael kors ruffle top $79.50
(h) inc tight black pants w/ buttons $49.99
(i) michael kors black zipper sandal, $185

And finally, here's a short snippet from what people have dubbed, "Dave's interview with Hannibal Lecter." She really did quite well. She defended herself against claims that she is the devil {"Devil Wears Prada was a work of fiction...we like fiction at VOGUE"} & she actually cracked a {half} smile, every couple of minutes. As the Daily News reported, "She probably did at least as well on Letterman's couch as Dave would have done on a fashion runway."
Touché!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!

August 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger bananas. said...

sooooo...i don't know whether to applaud her or strangle her. i can appreciate her achievements but being a bitch only gets you so far...for her it got her on letterman. touche!

August 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

I freaking wanted to jump through my tv and give her a big fat cuddly hug! hahaha...When she said "well you called me on FRIDAY" I DIED!! The gay bff and Gabby both looked at me for my reaction hahaha...

I LOVED IT DUDE. She is a badass bitch who doesn't mess around. "Sometimes people dont get the answers they want to hear" LOL diediedie

True though. The people who live in Queens though I wonder if they are offended!...I think she vomited in her mouth, did you see that?

Ok. I'm simmering.

August 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Ela said...

How did I miss this? Crud. Crud. Double Crud.

I love her I think behind that ice block exterior is a...well perhaps not a heart of gold, but something much warmer I'm sure. At least she can laugh at herself.

August 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

I dont know wtf it is...but for sure in real life we would be such great friends that I find myself leaving you theeee bat shit craziest comments...

I just rillyrilly want to be you and Monica's third amigo! Ole!

See? Like that? Uncalled for.

August 25, 2009 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Love your outfits! I can't wait to check out the Rachel Roy Macy's line.

While Anna Wintour is unquestionably unreplaceable in fashion and Vogue, her attitude needs a makeover.

August 25, 2009 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Manju said...

i love the inc embellished tank you picked!
lol, and i love the vids! i really like her, she's got so much character! and she's got a sense of humour

August 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I just love those Guess booties... they would be right at home in my closet, I do believe!!

August 25, 2009 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

oh I missed this, thanks for posting!

how cute is that Rachel Roy dress? loves it!

August 26, 2009 at 1:10 AM  
Anonymous rachel said...

I'm pretty sure I need those Alfani shoes.

August 26, 2009 at 2:38 AM  
Blogger drollgirl said...

we can't all shop at BERGDORF'S!!! bah. the haters of more affordable clothing/department stores piss me off. i think we all try to look as good as we can within our means.

sorry for being on my soapbox here. delete this comment if you hate it!

August 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home