This Page

has been moved to new address

Step Away From the Black Eyeliner...{Go Metallic!}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Friday, July 10, 2009

Step Away From the Black Eyeliner...{Go Metallic!}

This weekend, why not replace your black eye liners for a little sparkle?
Try shades of gold for blonde hair & silver for brunettes.
If you're adventurous, try anything in between!
Let's get the look:

shu uemura painting liner in silver or gold
MAC Glitter eyeliner in her glitz or glitterpuss
NARS glitter pencil in mudd club or danceteria

Reminder: If you opt for a metallic liner, make sure to use a killer mascara.
I always suggest DIOR DIORSHOW.

Photos via InStyle, Glamour, Elle & Photobucket

Labels:

28 Comments:

Blogger Iva Messy said...

YES!! Its everywhere now! I love it!

July 10, 2009 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Pretty Zesty said...

I'm a HUGE fan (and user) of gold eyeshadow too. Whoo hoo!

July 10, 2009 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger The Townhouselady said...

I love a shimmery liner! It seems to always come back in the summer. so pretty.

BTW, I'm holding an amazing giveaway on my blog. There are 4 different Lipstick Queen prize packages up for grabs (total retail $200). You can enter here.

Have a GREAT weekend!

July 10, 2009 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger bananas. said...

oh i'm all about the sparkle metallic eyes. but here's my question, what can i do to look like megan fox? damn she's hot!

ps. happy weekend darling :)

July 10, 2009 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Love these looks! I am totally shopping for a silver liner!

Adore your Yumi Kim blouse, btw! And thanks for the info about the discount!!

xoxox,
CC

July 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Fun idea... a little giltter is always a good thing!

July 10, 2009 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger . said...

I LOVE this look!!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

July 10, 2009 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Gorgeous! I love a metallic dark, bronze-brown liners; perfect for a smokey eye or night out! (:

bisous,
La C.

July 10, 2009 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger Elyse said...

I'm loving this look! It makes you look so awake! I'm pretty loyal to my black liner, but I'm definitely going to have to try this look!

July 10, 2009 at 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good call!
I LOVE diane and whitney here- sparkling beauty!
I wish you could do my make up sometime, I´m such a mess when it comes to that! ;)

<3
I

July 10, 2009 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Brunch at Saks said...

Oh I love the metallic liner on these lovely ladies! My favorite look is Blake's and Jessica's! I think I might give this a try! Have a great weekend :) xoxo

July 10, 2009 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

I love this look! It's so fun!

Happy weekend lovebug!

July 10, 2009 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Nicole Marie said...

yeah!! i'm going to try it!! thanks for the idea!!

July 10, 2009 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

If only I could fly Liz here to recreate it for me!

July 10, 2009 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you KNOW I am a huge fan of the shadow in this shade...loves it. this winter you have to teach me how to use eye liner...I never quite got it since I was always an eyeshadow gal. I need help!! maybe on one of our outings we can stop in a sephora. I know you don't really like going there so it's a HUGE favor to ask but I really need help ;)

xoxo

July 11, 2009 at 12:59 AM  
Blogger Noble Beeyotch said...

metallic eye liner always makes the eyes pop......i use it for my night-look!

July 11, 2009 at 2:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i agree with you! i'm going to check out the MAC glitter eyeliner...i think i have the nars one already!!
xox
www.froufroufashionista.blogspot.com

July 11, 2009 at 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Tina Tarnoff said...

wow, I absolutely love it! It makes the eyes somehow look bigger. I am absolutely going to try it.

July 11, 2009 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger Maureen Stevens said...

cool tip! I have that mascara & as far as eyeliner, love metallic brown.

What's ur e-mail? Mine is info@theinglenookdecor.com. Have a question...

July 11, 2009 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Syed said...

Loooving the silvery liner, it looks so gorgeous! Hope you're having a beautiful weekend dear :)

July 11, 2009 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Melissa Blake said...

I love the silver liner...pretty!

July 11, 2009 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

im so chicken sh*t. lol i like to stick with what i know...maybe JUST MAYBE i will step out of the box~ and try silver eyeliner!!

and YOU NEED to set your phone up for live blogging!!! NOW!

if you need help! email me ill walk you through it!! xoxoxo x

July 12, 2009 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger Nemerae said...

I just put a bit of shimmering silver on the corner of my eyes to make them look bigger, but I should try silver eyeliner, I like how it looks in these pics! =)
xx

July 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it too, I wear bronze or deep green with tons of mascara..megan fox looks gorgeous!!

July 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Aren't those YSL Tribs stunning - my life would be complete if I ever owned one (;

bisous,
La C.

July 12, 2009 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

Such a lovely and much softer look for the summer!

July 12, 2009 at 11:52 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

I am going to have to try this out, I love eye liner!

July 13, 2009 at 12:42 PM  
Anonymous janie said...

Did you know Marilyn Monroe always used to do a very fine line of gold/silver eyeliner after the dark brown or black liner to make her eyes stand out more?

October 25, 2010 at 3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home