This Page

has been moved to new address

Jean War: Battle of the Slouch

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jean War: Battle of the Slouch




So, maybe I missed the memo, but these two jeans appear to be twins. I would not be able to ID one in a lineup, nor would I be able to tell you which one was more expensive. In addition to that, I just couldn't bring myself to spend any more than $30 on a pair of jeans that are so destroyed.

Now for the fun part....which pair is $248.00 & which is only $29.95?

In good conscience, would you spend $248.00 on either of these?

Answers to follow later today.....

*SO, to update, jean #1 is the cheapie pair at $29.95 found at American Eagle Outfitters...I actually own them & they are fabulous! Jean #2 is the ridiculously overpriced pair from Current Elliot (Slouch Crop Jean in Hickory Destroyed).

Thanks for playing!

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can think of a lot of things to spend $248 on! Like 5 pairs of GAP or BR jeans which by the way, in this economy, I've tried and I've liked!! :) my guess is that the bottom pair is more $$$$ but I would never spend that kind of money on these jeans when I can make them myself...
the top pair just looks more comf too...

May 28, 2009 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't spend more than $50 for jeans since I don't wear them a lot I'd love to find a similar pair of your first pic!

May 28, 2009 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

my guess is the top one is 248.00!

and yeah im not too impressed with the jeans. definitely wouldnt spend the 248 or the 50 on them..

aaandd!! you should definitely harness the psychic power! its such interesting stuff...i have my own girl here in LA and i'm addicted to her

May 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger kayleigh said...

love that jeans

May 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

I would guess that the second pair is more expensive!

May 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Aartee said...

I'm thinking the bottom ones are more expensive....I just buy all my jeans from Express...they fit me best!

May 28, 2009 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I don't think I would spend more than $30 on those...

May 28, 2009 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger drollgirl said...

$248?!?! NO FUCKING WAY. not for this look. thrift store or old boyfriend hand-me-downs all the way!

May 28, 2009 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger steph said...

I'm assuming the MORE destroyed one cost the $250 - and no way would I spend that much on a pair of jeans, especially ones that I'll probably end up destroying more when my feet gets caught in the holes! Haha.

Although I am digging the lazy, rolled-up jeans look. I just wore them actually and put it on my blog! haha.

May 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I would think the top pair cost more, I like them better too.

May 28, 2009 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

248 is a bit steep...I stick to my true religions and even those make me feel guilty in this economy!

HMMM I think the top ones are the priceys?!

:)

May 28, 2009 at 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anne @ The City Sage said...

I'm guessing the first pair is the less expensive pair...both are cute, but you're right that $248 is ludicrous!

May 28, 2009 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger MS said...

Typically I will spend a pretty penny on jeans. They last so long and you get so many wears out of them BUT I don't think I would pay hundreds for a torn tattered pair even if they are the hottest trend. You can't even tell the difference between the two. Great find!

May 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM  
Anonymous Vanessa said...

My favorite jeans are a little pricier, but Acne jeans never fail me and I love them. But I'd certainly never spend that much on anything with holes in it! I also love J. Crew's Matchstick jeans. They're much cheaper than Acne and also have a nice fit. And I have to say, I think the AE jeans are much nicer than the bottom ones!

May 28, 2009 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

hooray, i actually like the cheaper pair!

May 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Nicole Marie said...

ummm i have to go get those ae ones!! so cute!!

May 30, 2009 at 1:23 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

my fav look now. comfy and effortless, (sort of).

May 30, 2009 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i would have thought the top pair was more expensive. i love that look...slouchy jeans with flats.
xox

May 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I love both! But I actually like the cheapies waaaaay better! I think I have to get them, except I feel like I'm too short to be able to pull them off. I'm 5'2 and 3/4.....yes that 3/4 TOTALLY counts!

June 1, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home