This Page

has been moved to new address

The Wavy Hair Trials: One

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Wavy Hair Trials: One

The other day I wrote about wavy, beachy, sexy summer hair. I couldn't wait to begin channeling my inner surfer-girl/hippie-chic, bohemian princess...so I got to work right away.

Here are the photos from clinical trial #1. Since I have naturally curly hair, it will be a game of trial & error with the variables being humidity level, products used & amount of conditioner left in hair.

What do you think? Haight {hate} or Ashbury {love}?




What I did:

1. Wash hair w/ shampoo & conditioner.
2. Rinse conditioner out 7/8 of the way with ice-cold water (to leave some conditioner in hair & seal the cuticles).
3. Squeeze out excess water from hair until it stops dripping on floor.
4. PAPER Towel dry the "pony-tail" part of hair. (Regular towel drying will ruin everything)
5. Put two pumps of each of the following in hands and run through hair: Kerastase Oleo Relax & Lait Nutri Sculpt. (you can really use any kind of good serum for this)
6. Put hair up into loose bun on top of head. Allow to dry for a few hours.
7. Divide hair into two sections and loosely braid almost dry hair.
8. Wait about an hour, then remove braids carefully.

Pros: Pretty, loose, undone waves all over head.
Cons: Dry ends, needs more body.

For Trial #2 I will add a stronger serum/curly styling product & change the amount of braids to three. I will also add Elnett hairspray at the end for a good hold and some added body.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

I think the most important thing is not to touch your hair unless it is DRY. Also, what's your opinion on the diffuser? What do you do to pump the roots?

May 14, 2009 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

i know this is about curls but i think your hair color is beautiful. I always dry my hair and then put it in a loose bun high on my head so it gives that extra little bounce.

May 14, 2009 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger steph said...

Great tutorial! I have stick-straight hair, so I'm envious of your volume and waves!

Great site! =)

Feel free to stop by mine sometime: http://hoisinivy.blogspot.com/

Xoxo, Steph

May 14, 2009 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

you are so lucky...I wish that I could do that to my straight hair!!!

May 14, 2009 at 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish my hair could look like that. Mine is so curly that it wont stay manageable without a lot of product. I have gotten it to look like that sometimes but on a very rare occasion and I never remember how I did it.

May 14, 2009 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger Nicole Marie said...

love it!!

May 15, 2009 at 3:12 AM  
Blogger Bradpetehoops said...

Beautiful hair!

May 16, 2009 at 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

hello this is GORGEOUS!

May 18, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home