This Page

has been moved to new address

Gorgeous Summery Waves {in your hair}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gorgeous Summery Waves {in your hair}

I picked up InStyle's Hair Magazine yesterday & began thumbing through it to see if it was worth buying. I stopped dead in my tracks when I came across this:



The fine print on the page read:

"Layers are essential for the distressed effect...if hair isn't healthy, it will look unkempt...smooth serum on damp hair...dry hair 80%, then form several braids...once fully dry, comb out braids with your fingers...curl the ends for more polish."

After seeing this I instantly realized my goal for the summer:

I vow to put a ban on my blow dryer & work endlessly to achieve gorgeous, shiny, luscious, irresistible summer waves. I will then document said trials & product ventures to share with you...Stay tuned!

Care to join me?

For a quick, easy tutorial on wavy hair, check out the following video from bloggeress, ...love Maegan:




Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

what an inspiring page! i'll definitely have to go pick up an issue...i'm just hoping there's a how-to on the next page!

May 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger You Are My Fave said...

Oh, yes please. Don't you kind of hate it when celebs are asked how they get their hair like that and they say, "I just pinned it up when it was wet and then it looks just perfect when I take it out." You know what my hair looks like when I try that? Like total crap.

May 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hell yeah ..I so rarely blow dry any more ...love the beachy look and the next day, instead of washing, I use the curling iron to get the perfect waves ...have a hair tutorial as well ...lol.

May 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger meeshi said...

yayyy!!! can't wait

May 12, 2009 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I'm so on board. I've already started this when we had some hot days a couple of weeks ago. I love giving the hair dryer a rest when it gets so hot!

May 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

great post! perfect hair for summer.. i've never been one to dry my hair ..i usually brush and bun...braids seems so awesome!

i'm definitely staying tuned for your how to..

May 12, 2009 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

when my hair gets long enough, i am totally wearing it this way.

May 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Nicole Marie said...

i've been trying to curl my hair a lot more. it just takes so much time!!

May 13, 2009 at 12:34 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

in style has a hair magazine? must go find now.

love the waves, i can't get enough!

May 13, 2009 at 12:44 AM  
Blogger loft in SoHo said...

what a great and inspiring post, I love this hairstyle for the summer!

xxx

May 13, 2009 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger MS said...

I'm obsessed with long beachy wavy hair! Giselle's hair is my favorite. I even have a post of me trying to imitate her hairstyle. Not as good but...

Doesn't love maegan have the BEST hair ever!

Great photos!

May 14, 2009 at 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home