This Page

has been moved to new address

Thinking Pink: Donate to a Great Cause + Pink Runway Fashions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, September 28, 2009

Thinking Pink: Donate to a Great Cause + Pink Runway Fashions


This October I will be participating in the AVON Breast Cancer Walk.
It's a two day, 39 mile event and the cause is very close to my heart.



Each walker must pledge to raise $1,800 at minimum to participate.
I've raised $900 so far and I know I can reach my goal with just a little help.
If you'd like to donate and help raise money for the cure,
please click on this pink link.
If you're unable to donate, please spread the word by linking to my
post on your blogs, twitter or facebook.

We can all help fight to end this disease.
I truly appreciate your continued support and friendship.

I walk for my family. I walk for my friends. I walk for you.
Much love,
L.L.

And now, the most fabulous PINK runway looks
from New York to London to Milan for Spring 2010:
vivienne westwood
matthew williamson
gucci
burberry prorsum
twenty 8 twelve

preen
versace
marchesa
oscar de la renta

all images via coutorture

Labels: , , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger bananas. said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!

my good friend did the avon breast cancer walk last year and she said it was the most amazing experience. good luck!!!

September 29, 2009 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger . said...

I love pink! It looks great!

September 29, 2009 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Children of the 90s said...

That second look is too fun!

September 29, 2009 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Iva Messy said...

That is awesome! I hope you reach your goal!! FABULOUS CAUSE!

September 29, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Great cause, darling! Love all these pink runway selections, too ~ especially Gucci!

xoxox,
CC

September 29, 2009 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger LenoreNeverM♡re said...

That Marchesa number is a work of art! My sister is a cancer survivor...she is doing well now!
Hope to find a cure in our lifetime~

xo*

September 29, 2009 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

I am so happy that you are doing that!!!!

burberry really nailed it! :)

September 29, 2009 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I will try to remember to donate after rent is due 10/1 lol

I did a walk last year...it's such a great experience.

September 29, 2009 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

i commend you for what you are doing. I think its fabulous. I will definitely promote this on my sidebar!! xoxo

September 29, 2009 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I know it's not much... but I left a little something on your donations page. This is such a worthy cause and I am so grateful there are so many people willing to fight for a cure! My grandmother was a survivor in the 80s, and lived a wonderful life of 93 amazingly blessed years! But I know not everyone is that lucky... thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to raise money and awareness and walk for a cure!!! You are awesome!

September 29, 2009 at 2:36 PM  
Blogger drollgirl said...

i am DEAD BROKE, but i will come back and donate after payday hits. my mom had breast cancer, so i know how important this cause is.

and love the pink frocks. gorgeous, especially the last one.

September 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Way to be! I lost my Auntie to breast cancer a few years ago. Oh and that Oscar number. YUM!

September 29, 2009 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

Youre awesome lady!!!!!!

Burberry...fabulous.

September 29, 2009 at 6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your heart and kindness :)

I also admire that outfit by gucci!

xo

September 29, 2009 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

Good for you!!! Love all those dresses--the gucci one is especially stunning. xx

September 29, 2009 at 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is simply FANTASTIC! I LOVE how huge the breast cancer movement is! It literally touches everyone's lives. I certainly hope that through efforts of people just like you, we can combat this deadly and heartbreaking cancer and finally find a cure.

September 29, 2009 at 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh noooo! I just accidently deleted your lovely comment off of my blog. Jeez, i am so stupid, I accidently clicked delete instead of approve. Lawd what a LOOONG day it has been! At any rate, I read it, and it was beautiful and yes you should use that image as your computer background! Soooo cute!

okay, sorry about that. won't happen again!
xoxox

September 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wish you the best with this worthy cause.

Love the fashion pics too.

http://underfundedheiress.blogspot.com/

September 29, 2009 at 11:43 PM  
Blogger My Favourite Things said...

Good for you for spreading awareness, all the power to ya! On a more frivolous note, I love that Preen dress. It is so feminine and lovely.

September 30, 2009 at 1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never ever wear pink, but this is totally getting me in the mood for some!

September 30, 2009 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

an important cause and beautiful clothing. i say that's definitely a win-win.

September 30, 2009 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger we wear things said...

great cause, gorgeous clothes

September 30, 2009 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger melanie lace said...

Don't forget to stop by the Yoga Journal Magazine tent and take a quick yoga class with us!

October 6, 2009 at 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice story you got here. I'd like to read a bit more concerning this matter. Thank you for sharing that information.
Sexy Lady
Call girls

December 11, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home